Lost Debate seeks to hire an Associate Researcher to support production of Lost Debate’s flagship show. The ideal candidate is an established researcher and copywriter with a deep understanding of current social and cultural trends in news and media.
- Monitor and find trending and unique stories in news, culture, and social media.
- Research and fact-check segments for Lost Debate’s bi-weekly flagship show.
- Provide fact-checking assistance across Lost Debate’s slate of shows.
- Produce weekly data reports and analysis across Lost Debate’s slate of shows and social media platforms.
- Alignment with Lost Debate’s values and beliefs.
- A heterodox set of views, a thick skin for robust debate and disagreement, and a burning curiosity.
- A+ writer and researcher who can find unique and untold stories.
- A news and ideas obsessive who enjoys engaging with the issues of the day.
- Self starter and quick learner who will take initiative and finish tasks to completion.
- Ideally 2+ years of journalism experience.
This position is based in New York, NY, and offers a starting salary of $80K + benefits.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.